The Church of Saint Francis of Assisi (kostel svatého Františka z Assisi in Czech) is standing on Křižovnické náměstí in the Old Town, next to the Old Town Bridge Tower and the eastern end of the Charles Bridge. The church forms part of a monastery of the Knights of the Cross with the Red Star (an order, established in 1237 by Saint Agnes of Bohemia). It was built in the Baroque style in 1679-1685 by architect Jeane Baptiste Mathey on the site of a former Gothic church of the Holy Spirit.
The interior of the church is of high artistic value. There are statues of Saints by Jeremias and Conrad Süssner and Matěje Václav Jäckel. On the vault there is a big mural of the Last Judgement by Václav Vavřinec Reiner.