With 2.2 million square feet of gross floor area, One Liberty Plaza offers nearly an acre of space on each column-free floor.
- The center core design allows for light and openness around the entire periphery and maximum flexibility in tenant layouts.
- After terrorists crashed two airliners into the World Trade Center twin towers half a block away on 09/11/2001, crews at One Liberty Plaza had to replace windows, clean offices, repair security systems and restore electricity and water.
- The building is home to the administrative offices of the Nasdaq Stock Market. Other tenants include Goldman Sachs and Bank of Nova Scotia.
- One Liberty Plaza is prominently situated midway between the Wall Street area and The World Financial Center.
- Originally commissioned by U.S. Steel, over thirty specialists researched the project for a year before the best of technology was incorporated into the design of the tower.
- Completed in 1972, One Liberty Plaza was substantially renovated in 1989 and given a new lobby, plaza and state-of-the-art elevator