From the book by Cathleen Norman Golden Old and New - A Walking Tour Guide (Page 18) "William Jester was the original owner of this vernacular brick home. In 1879 August Hultman added the wing and upper half story. Joseph Dennis who ran a local grocery store and livery barn lived here for several years. Dennis also served as sheriff, city alderman, and justice of the peace. It was he who applied a new brick facing in 1913."