This building consists of four co-ed residence halls: Ashley (#8), Batchelder (#5), Compton (#6) , and Darrow (#9). All the halls in Kreischer remain open during academic recesses and vacation periods. This complex was extensively renovated during the 1995-96 year. Sundial Food Court offers creative meal choices and is complemented by the Silver River Cafe. Built in 1966, this complex was named for Ervin J. Kreischer, a 1930 graduate of the University and a past vice president. For historical information about this building, see the Kreischer Quadrangle on BGSU’s Historic Campus Tour.