LOW HILL 1930 Branch Library. H. B. Robinson MIMCE [Borough Engineer]. ... The library is a logical and inspired answer to the requirement for a branch library at the heart of an estate which was widely admired at the time of its building. The rooms are filled with day light and at night the building becomes a beacon. The use of a simple classical style together with more homely glazing and textured materials gives a feeling of domesticity and serious intent and provides a formal focus to the estate without being alien to it.
Local Listing: Wolverhampton's first branch library, opened in 1930. Landmark quality.
Comment: One of the most distinctive buildings in Wolverhampton, its remarkable shape fully justified by its use as a library, and its appearance greatly adding to the interest of an award winning council house estate. Refurbished in 2003.