State Gymnasium was originally built in 1913 to serve as the main indoor athletic facility, armory and field house at Iowa State University. It included a swimming pool, handball courts, badminton courts and a 1/12 mile running track and is positioned just north of the former Clyde Williams Stadium along Union Drive. Mens basketball games were played in State Gym until 1946, when the games were moved to the Armory which continued until the construction of Hilton Coliseum in 1971. The building design by Proudfoot, Bird & Lawson was renovated in 1967, which included a new track and other improvements. State Gym is home to the Outdoor Recreation Program and the ISU Boxing Club. This model was completed by Benjamin Schwartz.