Listing: Locally listed in 2004. Built in 1905 as a private residence, this house became the the town's Library, Museum and Art Gallery in 1937 and this use continues. Many original features of the red brick building with terracotta remain. The large curved bay windows on the ground floor and first floor are particularly attractive as are the stained glass windows. This is a landmark building which contributes greatly to the Mount Pleasant townscape.