St. Paul's former fire station 13 was constructed in 1894 at the location
of 924 Hampden Ave. It was built in the emerging St. Anthony/Merriam Park
neighborhood which the time was mid-way between St. Paul and Minneapolis.
The station holds the distinction of housing the last of St. Pauls' horse
drawn companies as the conversion to motorization was completed. The station
is depicted as it was built, including the stations tower. The apparatus
bay doors were later modified as larger motorized apparatus arrived, and the
station tower was removed. The station still stands today used as a private