CU's Women and Gender Studies website (provided here) states the following: "Until 1884, the entire University of Colorado (CU) was located in Old Main. That year four new buildings were added to the CU-Boulder campus, including Cottage #1 and #2. Cottage #2 housed the men, while "Ladies' Cottage" (#1) housed the women students and their house mother at the University. In the late 1920s Cottage #2 was demolished to make room for a student union, but Cottage #1 still remains. This building, with its Victorian detailing, is one of the most historically significant structures on the CU-Boulder campus today. It is a symbol of the historical presence of women from its earliest days." Please see the website for more historical information on this beautiful building. Model created by Crystal V. Olin.