The Old Vanderburgh County Jail is a castle-like fortress that was built in 1891. Designed by Henry Wolters, it was modeled after the Castle of Lichtenstein in Baden-Wurttenberg, Germany. The exterior features step-gables, projecting turrets, and a rounded tower. The building connects to the Old Vanderburgh County Courthouse with an underground tunnel that was used to transport prisoners. Today the building has been renovated and serves as the offices of the law firm Woods and Woods.