The Anhalter goods station was a work of Franz Heinrich Schwechten and opened in June 15, 1880 (the same day of the Anhalter Bahnhof). The Anhalter Güterbahnhof was located to the south of the Landwehrkanal, ca. 450 m from the Anhalter Bahnhof. The western part of the station was damaged in WW2 and demolished in 1959, the eastern blick remaining almost intact. It is now home of Spectrum, part of the Deutsches Technikmuseum. / (c) Generalfeldmarschall.