The Palais des Ducs de Bourgogne in Dijon was the seat of the rulers of the duchy of Burgundy. The architectural complex is in a remarkable state of conservation and shows almost a millennium of political life in Dijon.
The Cour de Bar includes the ducal kitchens and the tower Tour de Bar with 46m of height. In place of the Sainte-Chapelle, destroyed in 1802, is the Museum of Fine Arts of Dijon. The Museum of Fine Arts contains collections of paintings from the Renaissance to the twentieth century, moreover a Egypt collection and the tombs of the Dukes of Burgundy.