Cathedral of SS John the Baptist and John Evangelist Jedinečná zobrazení: 1294 (16 za 7 dnů) Jedinečná stažení: 7 (0 za 7 dnů) Jedinečná kliknutí na model v aplikaci Google Earth: 1606 (8 za 7 d)
The Gothic edifice was built in stage between the early 13th (the chancel) and early 15th century (the tower) and served as the parish church for Toruń Old Town. Inside Gothic, Baroque and Rococo fittings can be seen, including wall paintingsfrom the 14th century, the main altar from 1502-1506, and side altars from the 15th to 18th centuries. In the chapel of the Guardian Angels, where Nicolas Copernicus was christened, there is a Gothic font from the end of the 13th century, a Renaissance epitaph with a portait of the astronomer, and his bust, sculpted in marble in 1766. In 1500 a bell was hung in the tower, the largest in Poland at that time, it weighed 7,238 kilograms and was called Tuba Dei (the Trumpet of God). Since 1992 the church has filled the role of cathedral of the Toruń diocese.