The Park Avenue Raquet & Tennis Club was first completed in 1916. The controversial Park Avenue Plaza was completed in 1981. The 15 sided, 44 Story, 575 foot tower today rises between 52nd and 53rd Streets. The very handsome Park Avenue Plaza was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill intended to compliment the Lever House, across the street. Today the Park Avenue Plaza and Raquet/Tennis Club is one of New York's finest conjunctions of old and new.