Pigott Building (Hamilton, Ontario) Mga natatanging view: 769 (6 sa 7 (na) araw) Mga natatanging pag-download: 4 (0 sa 7 (na) araw) Natatanging mga click ng model ng Google Earth: 263 (1 sa 7 (na) araw)
Mangyaring mag-sign in upang idagdag ang modelong ito sa isang koleksyon.
Built in 1929, this 18-storey structure, Hamilton's first steel-skeleton skyscraper, was erected at a cost of $1,000,000. Combining Art-Deco and Gothic-Revival elements, the building incorporated glass from Belgium, window frames from England, and interior decoration in marble, tile, and murals painted by church decorators of events related to building of the skyscraper. In true "Gotham"-style, there were, atop the roof, rotating searchlights that revolved every 30 seconds. The building remained a thriving commercial office development until the 1970's, when the downtown economy began to wane. During the next decade the skyscraper was sold and resold several times for a variety of projects, but all fell through. Fortunately, it was designated as being of heritage interest in 1984.