Daman is about 12km south west from vapi railway station on Mumbai–surat section.there is a metalled road connecting daman ganga river entrance in moti daman. Daman was under dharampur state till 1465. after that it was under different muslim rulers. The Portuguese occupied the territory in 1559 and kept under their control till December 1961. they had built a circular masonry lighthose tower on the bastion of the fort wall in 1887-88 close to damanganga creek enterence.a wick lamp was exhibited . from this tower. In this year 1933 an optic was introduced. The DA gas flashingf light insid 375 mm cut and polished drum optic replaced the old light in 1975.this equipment was replaced 1996 by an electromechanical flasher and then vy an electronic flasher in 1998. During 1997-98 the work on a new RCC tower was teken up at the nearby site. The ERB-12 ressolving equipment , supplied by M/s .Asia Navigational Aids.new delhi was installed on the new tower . the light was commissioned into ervice in april 1999. the light source was replaced by a single 70w 230V metal halide lamp in sept.1999 and then the cluster of three 70w 230 v metal halide lamps in april 2003 . A 204 m diameter lantern house fabricated at Mumbai was instslled at the station on 31st December 1999.Translate New! Show original New!