The Cherry Street Strauss Trunnion Bascule Bridge is a bascule bridge in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Located in the industrial Port Lands area, it carries Cherry Street over the Toronto Harbour Ship Channel and opens to allow ships to access the channel and the turning basin beyond. The bridge was built in 1931 by the company of Joseph Strauss and the Dominion Bridge Company. The north side of the bridge has 750 ton concrete counterweights that allow the bridge to pivot to open.
The bridge is designed to carry two lanes of traffic, and was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act by the City of Toronto in 1992 as Architectural Historical.
Bascule Bridge information