Originally known as the Quadrangle, the building was home to the College of Veterinary Medicine at Iowa State University. It was constructed in 1912, with additions to the building in 1956 and 1962 that increased its size dramatically. The buildings north, east and west wings form a large courtyard down the center giving students a shaded outdoor space to study. In 1978 the Veterinary Medicine College relocated to its current facility on South 16th Street. The College of Education moved in and the building was renamed in honor of Virgil Lagomarcino, the first dean of the College of Education who served from 1968 until 1990. Today the College of Human Sciences and the Psychology department are also located here. This model was completed by Wenying Sun.