Visual Arts Building Consultations uniques : 2705 (30 au cours des 7 derniers jours) Téléchargements uniques : 948 (1 au cours des 7 derniers jours) Nombre de clics uniques sur ce modèle Google Earth : 0 (0 au cours des 7 derniers jours)
This brown-yellow face-brick building shows influences of the simple Modern style and is typical of Pretoria brick architecture. Built during the war years for the newly established Department of Physical Education, the building was officially opened on 8 October 1948. Because of wartime restrictions, material and building costs had to be kept to a minimum and the planned swimming pool and locker rooms never materialised. Locker rooms were added in 1952 and in 1974 a larger wing was added. The building originally consisted of two gymnastic halls, lecture halls and offices. In 1982 Physical Education relocated to the newly constructed Sports Centre. The building is currently the home of the Department of Visual Arts and regularly hosts art exhibitions.
Sketchup model drawn by Mnr G Janse van Rensburg
La complexité dépend du nombre de polygones du modèle. Plus les modèles sont complexes, plus leur rendu dans Google Earth prend du temps. Pour en savoir plus, reportez-vous à notre base de connaissances.