The 1848 Shaker Meeting House is the heart of America’s first Shaker settlement. The Shakers were a celibate, communal religious sect established in England and brought to America by Ann Lee in 1774. The Meeting House was used for public worship services that included singing and dancing. The symbolic purity of the building is expressed by both the simplicity of form and the color white. The floor plan is uniquely Shaker including a large, two-story meeting room with a clear span for dancing, multiple entrances and tiered seating for non-Shakers who observed the worship services. Attending Shaker worship was a popular activity in the mid-1800s. Famous visitors included Herman Mellvile, James Fenimore Cooper, General Sherman and many others. This is the only remaining large scale Shaker Meeting House that retains its original interior features.
La complexitat es basa en el nombre de polígons de model. Els models més complexos es renderitzen més lentament a Google Earth. Trobareu més informació sobre aquest tema a la nostra base de coneixement.