Barracks of "Nuestra Señora de los Dolores" (Our Lady of Pain) was planned in 1751 by Joseph Petit de la Croix and construction started in 1765 under the orders of the naval engineer Julián Sánchez Bort. A part of the construction was funded by the House of the Counts of Andrade & Lemos in memorý of one of their sons, killed in combat as a marine. Works are finished in october 16th of 1771. The square shaped building is organized around an inner courtyard with arcades and could host around 4000 men forces. Actually the barracks are the headqarters of the "Tercio Norte de Infantería de Marina" (North regiment of Marines). In the rear part of the building is located one of the old "sea doors" of the ancient defensive walls of Ferrol, the Fontelonga door. Builded in the same period of the barracks, has a double staircase and a ramp to cover the difference in level between the old (disapeared) pier at sea level and the surrounding ground. In the lower part, near the entrance and the peculiar sentry box, was located an old fountain and spring that names the hole defensive construction. Actually and due to consecutive landfillings because the expansion of the shipyards, the ancient "sea door" is quite far from the sea and the old pier was replaced by a sports yard.