Height (struct.) 67 m
Floors (OG) 18
Construction start *
Construction end 1966
Building in General
Type of construction high-rise building
Architectural style *
- This building is State Heritage listed.
- This building is regarded as a notable exponent of the Functionalist and International style of architecture by the Royal Australian Institute of Architects.
- This streamlined, modernist building was designed in consultation with Prof. Rolf Jensen, in line with the Reserve Bank's policy of involving the local Professor of Architecture in building projects.
- The building was designed with the aim of avoiding the bland, featureless aesthetic of many office buildings at the time.
- The building has subtle concave curvature to the east and west façades and a well defined plinth and top to the building.
- This was the tallest building in Adelaide from 1966-1968.