The village of Emetzheim is part of the City of Weißenburg since 1978 and is located 3 km southwest of the city. Similar to all surrounding villages it contains a small church in its center: "St. Johannes der Täufer" (John the Baptist). Already in 1363 a church is mentioned, but today's church in neo-Romanesque style was built in 1852, as it is written in golden letters over the eastern entrance. The interiour is simple, but in contrast there is a beautiful altar decorated in the style of a starry sky. It contains a painting by A. Engelhard depicting the crucifixion group and is enclosed by two wooden figures of Maria and John. The churchyard is surrounded by a small wall.
[Sources: pointoo, Sign on the church]