Overman Hall telescopes and micro processing units, research facilities, fully equipped instructional laboratories and a Geochem Lab. Originally, this building was known as the Chemistry Building, but was named in honor of Dr. James Overman, author of the book: A History of Bowling Green State University. Built in 1949, this building is the oldest in the science complex and has been recently renovated. For historical information about this building, see Overman Hall on BGSU’s Historic Campus Tour. Click the provided link above.