Snedecor Hall first opened its doors in 1939 as the Services Building built with funding by the Works Progress Administration. The original building designed by Thorwald Thorson was first renovated in 1960 by Russell and Lynch with a large addition to the south side of the building. In 1969 the Services Building was rededicated for George W. Snedecor, who taught the first statistics courses at the Statistics Department in 1934 at Iowa State University. The building was renovated again starting in 2006 by Architects Smith Metzger. The renovation consisted of a completely new interior with larger computer labs, more graduate offices, conference rooms, and more functional space for visitors. Snedecor Hall reopened in June 2009 and is still occupied by the Statistics Department. This model was completed by Jassim Al Nashmi and revised by Xin Li.