The Zeppelin-Grandstand was built between 1934 and 1937 under the direction of Albert Speer as the main grandstand of the huge parade ground for the major events of the Nazi Party days. It is appr. 380m long and 25m high. Famous are the images of the detonation of the swastika on the grandstand during a victory parade of the American army in 1945. This should demonstrate the world the end of Nazism. In 1967, also the originally on the grandstand standing pillars-gallery were torn off because the danger of collapse.
Today, the grandstand is used primarily for the annual Norisring-Race and for concerts.