The Monastery Church and Smiths Tower in Sigisoara ( Ger. Schassburg, Hun. Segesvar, Lat. Castrum Six ). The church dedicated to the Holy Virgin, belonged to the Dominican Monastery (demolished at the end of the 19th century), whose building began in the 13th century, and was mentioned by an indulgence given by Pope Boniface the 8th in 1298. At the end of the 15th century, the church was modified; the arched ceiling was built, its construction representing a holl - church type.