Cathedral of Christ the Redeemer (Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ) in Moscow - Cathedral of the Russian Orthodox church near the Kremlin on the left bank of the Moskva River, on the site, known previously Chertolye. Existing construction - implementation in the 1990's external reconstruction of the temple of the same name, created in the XIX century. On the walls of the temple were inscribed the names of the officers of the Russian Army, who died in the war of 1812 and the other at the time of close military pohodah.Stroitelstvo lasted almost 44 years by the architect Konstantin Ton: the church was laid September 23, 1839, consecrated - May 26, 1883. December 5, 1931 church building was destroyed. Rebuilt in the same place in 1994-1997.