The Old Harthauer Church is one of the oldest churches in Chemnitz.
At this place was probably before, a wooden church. During the Reformation it was mentioned in 1539 as a stony church .
1609 and 1765 was substantially rebuilt and still stands today as Old Harthauer Church on the mountain slope behind the parsonage.
After the 2nd World War, they remained long unused. After the renovation of the building here take place various events.