This large three-floor building at the northeast corner of Biddle and Maple started in the late 1940's as a Sears outlet store, which remained here until it began loosing customers to the larger Lincoln Park store and eventually closed circa 1977. Some time after, River's Edge Gallery opened at this location and was here until it moved across the street in the early 2000's to 3024 Biddle. Then the lower floor was divided into two stores, Phoenix Doors and the Sawmill (which sold unpainted furniture), both of which eventually closed. The building remains vacant today. UPDATE: The building will soon be turned into a 33-room boutique hotel, the first true hotel in the city.