Eliot Presbyterian Church. Built in 1874 and located on Summer Street facing the South Common in Lowell. The cornerstone of the building was laid on July 1, 1874. Architects were S.S. Woodcock of Boston, ( the same architect who designed the landmark Franco American School, as a home for Frederick Ayer of Lowell) according to a history of the church published in 1881. The church is now home to a very diverse group of people from the newer immigrant groups in Lowell.