NRP Sagres is a three mast school ship of the Portuguese Navy. This 10 mm steel plates barqe, was built at Blohm & Voss shipyard and launched under the name “Albert Leo Schlageter” for the German navy on 1937. Was sold to Brazil, for the modest sum of $5,000 dollars after an accident with a mine at the end of World War II, and confiscated by the United States of America. Towed to Rio de Janeiro, it sailed afterward as a school ship for the Brazilian Navy, now by the name Guanabara. Portugal bought this vessel in 1961 to replace an old school ship named “Sagres II” and renamed it “Sagres” - the third ship with that name on Portuguese Navy history . This ship is still an active training tool for men and women and as a drifting icon of the glorious Portuguese naval discoveries history.