The "Hallgebäude" was built in the years 1541-1543 by the Fugger builders Chirion Knoll and Ulrich Beck on the southern edge of the wine market. It should be used by decision on construction of 4 August 1540 as a wine and salt barn and as a granary. Since 1549, it served as the residence of the city paymaster Peter Lemp and contributed in that time the name of "Zahhaus". From 1837-1964, the school was in the premises. Today the "Hallgebäude"is shared by the city archives (since 1965) and the primary school. On the northwest side of the house are 3 Nördlinger peace trees, with the desire, peace may grow like this ball acacia on 10 October 1983 as part of the third Nördlinger peace weeks have been planted.