The Sebaldus-church is the older of the two major double-tower churches in the Nuremberg Old Town. Originally built in 1230 as late romanesque basilica in the following centuries repeatedly rebuilt and expanded until 1483. With the increase of the two towers (to approximately 80m) it's received the final gothic form. From the original romanesque building is still conserved the west choir protruding between the towers. However, even here later 3 high gothic windows were implemented. In front of the midle window is adapted a crucifix made by Johan Wurzelbauer. Inside the church is the tomb of St. Sebaldus the patron saint of Nuremberg. Until the Reformation (since 1525 the Sebalduskirche is Evangelical Lutheran) found numerous pilgrimages to his grave. Furthermore, there are many important works of art, such as the "Bamberger window" by Albrecht Dürer, in the inner church. In the 2nd World War II, the church was badly damaged and in the years after rebuilt until 1952.
***********This model replaces the previous identical model, what may had technical problems.