(c) Generalfeldmarschall - The Bauakademie ('Building academy') was a building in the Friedrichswerder quarter, Mitte district in Berlin, Germany. The Schinkel-designed building, modernist by the time of its construction (1833-36), housed several institutions including the Royal Academy of Architecture, the Higher Council of Architecture, and later the German Faculty of Politics until WW2, when it was badly damaged due to Allied bombing. The Bauakademie was finally destroyed by the Communist regime in 1962. Nowadays, a recreation can be found in its former location. | File size is due to the imported terrain.