In 1933 it was decided by the University to construct a separate building for the library which was then still located in the Old Arts building. With a contribution of £10 000 from mining geologist Dr Hans Merensky, construction started in 1937. General Jan Smuts laid the cornerstone on 11 October 1937 and on 15 April 1938 the building was officially opened.
Sketchup model drawn by Mnr CF Oosthuizen
La complessità si basa sul numero di poligoni presenti nel modello. Modelli più complessi hanno un rendering più lento in Google Earth. Puoi ottenere ulteriori informazioni in merito nella nostra knowledge base.