Also know as Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Bridge. Completed in 1930 as the principal entrance to Center City and the State Capitol Complex from the east, terminating at Fisher Plaza. Honors soldiers and sailors of all American Wars. Towering pylons at western end dramatizes the bridge's gateway importance. Adorned with various inscriptions and crafted scenes in relief. The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1988 and was documented by the Historic American Engineering Record in 1997.