The church was built at the site earlier, a wooden church. Work started in 1343 In 1381 the church was already covered roof and was without glass windows. Originally intended to carry out architectural concepts pseudo-basilics from which abandoned in favor of the hall. Towers was built in 1420, and in 1425 appeared on the clock on the tower. Fire of 1480 caused little damage, rebuilt by the end of the century. In 1536 the tower was raised and the work done with the master Mikołaj from Orneta. Builders of the church were Heyne and Herman Perkunowie followed Godiko Hamm.
After the destruction of 1945 the church remained in ruins until the year 1979. Then it began to rebuild. The consecration took place in 1986. (source: wikipedia)