Address：No. 152, Zhong Shan Rd., Lukang Town (The main gate is on Guanqian Rd.)
During the Japanese colonial era, Gu Xian-rong established “Dahe Hang”, which conducted the saltern reclamation, salt and camphor selling business. At that time the Gu family, the Chen family from Kaohsiung, the Lin family from Banqiao, the Lin family from Wufeng and the Yan family from Keelung were the five greatest clans in Taiwan. In 1919 Gu xian-rong established his house, the present museum building in his hometown, Lukang. In 1934 Gu Xian –rong was elected as the first noble representative of the Taiwan Governor’s Office.
Lukang Folk Arts Museum combines Japanese and Western architectural features including the Renaissane style columns at the front of museum, the Mansard roof and two belfries on its either side, the precious tiles on the façade of the outer wall, and the estern columns of facial washed terrazzo. It was the most ingenious house in Lukang during the Japanese colonial era. The residents named this western-style house “Dahe”,