Agronomy Hall was built from 1950 to 1952 by architectural firm Dougher, Rich and Woodburn. A major addition was added to the building by RDG Bussard-Dikis Associates in 1986 that is considered one of the best Iowa buildings of the 1980s. It received the AIA Iowa Excellence in Design Awards in 1991 and is recognized as one of the few large projects of merit as it successfully marries the new structure with the existing building. The building is home to the department of Agronomy, Environmental Science and Meteorology at Iowa State University. This model was completed by Xin Li.