The "Zentralschule" (central school) in Weißenburg is the city's only primary school. It was built from 1907 to 1908 and thus recently had its 100th anniversary. The architect was Reg.-Baum. Kirchbauer (from Aachen). At first the school was home to 7 evangelist classes of boys and girls each as well as 3 mixed-gender catholic classes. The school had to close during the two world wars and was used as a hospital during the Second World War. In 1955 the gym was added in the north. Up to 1969/70 the building housed primary and secondary school, with the latter moving to the buildings at the "Seeweiher" southeast the city center at this time.