The station, at 4201 Cedar Ave. S., was built in 1923 during a period when the city was growing rapidly. The city wanted the
station to blend into its surrounding residential area, so the building was designed in the American Craftsman bungalow
style. It had a low, horizontal roof and a front yard, which distinguished it from other fire stations that typically had
two stories and prominent entries. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. It originally was going
to designated as Station 30, but this never happened. It served as a fire station until 1979, and the building still stands
today existing as a private firm.