Built in 1853 by William and John Shumway, local carpenters hired from the town of New Lebanon, NY. They built a 30 x 43 foot structure with three stories on the west side and two stories on the side that fronts the road. A cellar under one-half of the building was intended for storing roots. This structure was used by the Sister’s of the North Family village for a number of purposes, including the selling of wares.
This model is best viewed with the Historical Imagery layer set to 2005.