Originally Union Station, Pittsburgh, PA renamed this historic train station to Penn Station in 1912. Chicago architect Daniel Burnham designed and built the station building in 1898-1903 out of a grayish-brown terra cotta and brick. The building is compiled of a tall railroad hotel which sits behind a rotunda designed to protect carriages and awaiting passengers. The restoration of Union Station in the mid-1980s converted some concourse space into an expanded entrance to the former railroad hotel, now an apartment building; the main space was restored and the paint cleaned off the great central skylight. It continues to serve the greater Pittsburgh area as a stop on Amtrak. Model by Alex Juhola.