The Rosell-Rios House was built between 1909 and 1912 by french architect H. Ratouin, with the support of engineers Francisco Behr and Hugo Alva, when Barranco was a popular seaside resort for the upper class. It has an area of 2.220 square meters, plus a basement of 1,180 m2. Its architecture is a mix of classical, neoclassical, Victorian, Art Nouveau and neo-rococo styles, with high ceilings and decorative prehispanic elements showing the seas, fish, sun and moon, and stained glass showing inca faces.
It belonged to Juan Esteban Rios, and at his death, Teodosio Rosell married Luzmila, a daughter of Rios, and ended up buying the property, which was declared a historical monument in 1972. His heirs managed to keep it until it was closed in 1980 because of its ruined condition and remained abandoned for 30 years.
Finally, in 2009 the house was rescued and restored to host the decoration exposition Casacor Peru 2009.
Model by Jorge De Albertis > jorgedealbertis @ gmail .com