The Lorenz church is a bit younger and larger than it´s twin St. Sebald, the second big curch in Nuremberg's Old-Town.
It was built between 1250 and 1360 on the foundations of an earlier romanesque basilica. Until the 2nd Half of the 15th Century, it was expanded several times. The towers rise about 81m into the sky.
At the west side there is a large rosette window with appr. 10m diameter.
Inside there are numerous works of art. To emphasize are the 18.7 meter tall tabernacle made by Adam Kraft, the angel's greeting by Veit Stoß and Katharienen-Altar by Michael Wolgemut.